Weight Loss Management Tips – Obesity:
The following health content talks about obesity and weight loss management tips.
What is Obesity? Obesity is a condition characterized by excessive deposition or storage of fat in the body. It usually results from consumption of food in excess of physiological needs. Obesity is common among people in Western countries and among the higher income group in India and other developing countries.
Weight Loss Management Tips – Obesity Causes and Symptoms
Obesity is a serious health hazard as the extra fat puts a strain on the heart, kidney and liver as well as the large weight bearing joints such as the hips, knees and ankles, all of which shortens the life span. It has been truly said “The longer the belt, the shorter the life.” Over weight persons are susceptible to several diseases like coronary thrombosis, heart failure, high blood pressure, diabetes, arthritis, gout, liver and gall-bladder disorder.
Most often, the chief cause of obesity is overeating that is the intake of calories beyond the body’s energy requirements. Some people have a habit of consuming high calories foods. Obesity is rarely the result of disturbance of the thyroid or pituitary glands. Glandular disorders account for only about 2 percent of the total incidence.
Below are the easy ways to lose weight:
Weight Loss Management Tips #1: Write down what you eat for 1 week and you will lose weight.
Studies have found that people who keep food diaries would eat about 15 % less food. A study found that people who tend to consume an extra 115 calories per weekend day, primarily from alcohol and fat.
Weight Loss Management Tips #2 : Drink lots of water
Drink lots of water for the whole day, preferably drink water other than juices or soda or any other drinks. There is a saying “Eat breakfast like a rich man lunch like a middle class man and dinner like a poor man.” Always drink plenty of water, his will help u decrease fat accumulation and burns fat too.
Weight Loss Management Tips #3: Lime juice and Honey
Fasting on lime juice honey water is highly beneficial in the treatment of obesity. In this mode of treatment, one teaspoon of fresh honey should be mixed with the juice of half a lime in a glass of lukewarm water and taken at regular intervals.
Weight Loss Management Tips #4: Lemon juice
Another effective remedy for obesity is an exclusive lemon juice diet. On the 1st day we should drink eat or drink anything except plenty of water. On the 2nd day, the diet should consist of the juice of 3 lemons, mixed with an equal amount of water. Subsequently one lemons should be increased each day until the juice the juice of twelve lemons is consumed per day. Then the number of lemons should be decreased in the same order until 3 lemons are taken in a day. We may feel weak and hungry on the 1st and 2nd days but afterwards, his condition will stabilize.
Weight Loss Management Tips #5: Jujube
Leaves of jujube are another valuable remedy for obesity. Handful of jujube leaves should be soaked overnight in water and this water should be taken in the morning, preferably on an empty stomach. This should be continued for at least 1 month to achieve beneficial results.
Weight Loss Management Tips #6: Cabbage
Cabbage is considered to be an excellent home remedy for obesity. Some research has revealed that a chemical called tartaric acid is present in this vegetable which inhibits the conversion of sugar and other carbohydrates into fat. Hence, it is of great value in weight reduction. Substituting a mea with cabbage salad would be the simplest way to stay slim.
Weight Loss Management Tips #7: Tomato
Tomato’s are valuable in obesity. If 1 or 2 ripe tomatoes taken early morning as a substitute for breakfast for a couple of months are considered a safe method of weight reduction. They also supply the food elements essential to preserve health.
Weight Loss Management Tips #8: Lemon juice finger millet:
Ideal food for the Obese is Finger millet, because it digests slowly and due to this the carbohydrates take a long time to get absorbed. By eating preparations made of ragi, the constant desire to eat is curbed, thus reducing the daily calories intake. At the same time, ragi supplies an abundant quality of calcium, phosphorus, iron, vitamin B1 and B2 and prevents malnutrition in spite of restricted food.
Weight Loss Management Tips – Some best tips to lose weight easily:
- Eat a high-protein breakfast.Eating a protein high breakfast has shown to reduce cravings and calorie intake throughout the day.
- Drink water half hour before meals.Several studies have showed that drinking water half hour before meals increased weight loss by 50% in couple of months.
- Choose weight loss-friendly foods.Certain foods are very useful for losing fat. Like cheese, butter, ghee etc.
- Eat mostly whole, unprocessed foods. Most of your diet is based on whole foods. They are healthier, more filling and much less likely to cause overeating.
- Avoid sugary drinks and fruit juice.These are the fattest things you can put into your body, avoiding them can help you lose weight.
- Eat your food slowly.Fast eaters gain more weight over time. Eating slowly makes you feel fuller and boosts.
- Use smaller plates.Studies show that people automatically eat less when they use smaller plates. Strange, but it works.
- Drink coffee or tea.If you are a tea or a coffee drinker, then drink as much as you want as the caffeine in them can boost your metabolism.
- Eat mostly whole, unprocessed foods.Base most of your diet on whole foods. They are healthier, more filling and much less likely to cause overeating.
- Eat soluble fiber.Studies show that soluble fibers may reduce fat, especially in the belly area. Fiber supplements can help to lose weight.
- Get a good night’s sleep, every night.Poor sleep is one of the strongest risk factors to gain weight, so taking care of your sleep is very important.
Weight Loss Management Tips – Weight lose diet Plans:
Eating healthy foods is the only thing you can do to prevent and control health problems such as heart disease, high blood pressure, type II diabetes, and many types of cancer.
Are you working to lose weight? Then you probably want results fast.
You can easily lose 2-3 or more pounds a week at home with a healthy diet and lots of exercises.
Weight Loss Management Tips – Lose Weight Fast:
If you want to burn 500-600 more calories than you have to eat every day for a week, you should lose about 1-2 pounds.
If you want to lose weight faster, you will need to eat less and exercise more.
For example, if you take in 1,000 to 1,200 calories a day, and exercise for one hour per day, you could lose 3-5 pounds in the first week, or more if you weigh more than 250 pounds. It’s very important not to cut calories any further.
Weight Loss Management Tips – Diets for fast weight loss:
Studies recommend eating a diet that minimizes starches, added sugars, and animal fat from meat and dairy foods. To reduce weight faster, we advise you to focus on fruits, veggies, egg whites, soy products, skinless poultry, fish, shellfish, nonfat dairy foods, and 95% lean meat.
Weight Loss Management Tips – Here are more tips to lose weight quickly:
- Eat vegetables to make you feel full.
- Don’t skip meals.
- Make yourself busy, you do not want to eat just because you are bored.
- Drink lots and lots of water.
- Do not get junk and tempting foods to home.
Keeping a food journal, writing down everything you are eating, can help you stay fit.
Besides jotting down what you ate, and when you ate, you might also want to note how you were feeling right before you ate it. Were you angry, sad, or bored? We usually focus so much on foods and calories, but our emotions are a big part of our eating habits.
Weight Loss Management Tips – Fad Diets and Crash Diets:
Just remember, if a diet plan sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
The truth is that cutting calories below 1,000-1,200 per day is counterproductive, because you need strong muscles to be able to exercise effectively.
When you eat too little calories, you lose fat but also precious muscle, which is the worst thing you could do because it slows your metabolism and makes it more difficult to increase exercise intensity or duration.
Fad diets sometimes set you up for failure by depriving you of what you want. You cannot eat like that for long, and it’s too likely that you’ll rebel and end up back where you started. You deserve better than that!
So by all means, attack your weight loss goal. Put it on the fast track. But please, do it right so you set yourself up for lasting success.
Weight Loss Management Tips – Exercising for Fast Weight Loss:
It is time to move more! Losing weight requires close to an hour a day of moderate exercise, one study shows.
Plan to do-cardio and strength training.
Cardio burns most of the calories, so it is ideal for fast weight loss, but afterward you need to include a few hours a week of strength training. To burn most of your fat, try to break a sweat after your warm-up and keep sweating for the entire hour.
If you are not exercising now, and you have a lot of weight to lose, it’s wise to check in with your health checkprovider first.
One way to step up the intensity is to do interval training brief bursts of high-intensity, followed by a mellower pace, and repeating that pattern throughout your workout.
Interval training allows you to work harder without having to spend the entire time at the higher level, and over time, the more you do it, the easier it becomes to burn more calories.
Weight Loss Management Tips – You Don’t Need to Starve to Lose Weight :
If you have a medical conditions then please talk to your doctor before making changes because this plan can reduce your need for medication.
By decreasing carbs and lowering insulin levels, you change the hormonal environment and make your body and brain want to lose weight.
This leads to drastic reduction of appetite and hunger, eliminating the main reason that most people fail with conventional weight loss methods.
Another great benefit for the impatient people is that the initial drop in water weight can lead to a big difference on the scale as early as the next morning.
Weight Loss Management Tips – How Fast You Will Lose?
- You aim to lose 5-10 pounds of weight (sometimes more) in the first week, then consistent weight loss after that.
- You can personally lose 3-4 pounds per week for a few weeks when you do this strictly.
- If you’re new to dieting, then things will probably happen quickly. The more weight you tend to lose, the faster you will lose it.
- For the first few days, you might feel a bit strange. Your body has been burning carbs for all these years together, it can take time for it to get used to burning fat instead.
- It is called the “low carbo flu” and is usually over within a few days. For some people it takes 3. Adding little sodium to your diet can help with this, such as dissolving a bouillon cube in a cup of hot water and drinking it.
- Most people report feeling good,very positive and energetic. At this point you will officially have become a fat burning beast.
- Low-carb diet improves your health in lotmany ways:
- Blood Sugar: It tends to go way down on low-carb diets.
- Triglycerides: They tend to go down.
- Small, dense LDL: The bad Cholesterol goes down.
- HDL: The good Cholesterol goes up.
- Blood pressure: improves significantly.
- To top it all off, low-carb diets appear to be very easy to follow than low-fat diets.
You can expect to lose a lot of weight, but it depends on the person how quickly it will happen. Low-carb diets also improve your health in lot many ways.